The goal of the mentorship is to provide a producer, director or writer with tools to take a feature film or limited series project to market. The chosen Mentee will receive a 2020 WFF Premium Industry Pass to attend the Whistler Film Festival + Summit (December 2-6), as well as a personalized coaching session with an experienced producer prior to the festival. This private coaching session will cover several topics to prepare the Mentee to pitch their project(s) during the 1+1 on meetings during the 2020 WFF Content Summit.
Topics for personalized coaching may include:
• Creating a one sheet
• Who is buying what
• Who to target with your project
• How to add cache and marketable elements to your project
• How to build an audience through guerrilla and grassroots marketing before you shoot
Following the personalized coaching sessions, the Mentee will attend three to four hand chosen 1+1 meetings with WFF Content Summit guests to pitch their project. It is expected that the mentee will enhance their experience by engaging in both the Festival and WIFTV’s social media channels by blogging and tweeting.
Applications will be reviewed and selected by a jury of independent industry professionals and WFF representatives and will be announced by WIFTV in early October.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
• Must be a WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate member (women producers, directors or writers) in good standing (may join at time of application).
• Must have a feature film or limited series project in development suitable to pitch at the festival.
• Must be available to attend the 2019 Whistler Film Festival (December 2-6, 2020).
• Must write a blog post for WIFTV and the Whistler Film Festival during the Festival dates and participate in other social media initiatives.
• Must submit a final report within two weeks of the mentorship completion.
• Must have paid the registration fee ($30 plus GST).
Register above and make your payment online - $30 + $1.50 GST = $31.50.
Send an email message to email@example.com with one attached single pdf document that includes:
1. A one-page synopsis describing your feature film project
2. Your CV
3. A one-page description of the project’s development history to date and any attached personnel
4. A one-page letter outlining how you and your project will benefit
The Whistler Film Festival Society is a charitable cultural organization dedicated to furthering the art of film by providing programs that focus on the discovery, development and promotion of new talent culminating with a must attend festival for artists, industry and audiences in Whistler. Find out more at whistlerfilmfestival.com.