DARLENE TAIT PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
After spending almost 40 years as a marketing professional (International airlines and large-scale Real Estate developments) Darlene turned her attention to film after returning from 10 years of living and working in Loreto, Mexico, to retire back home to Vancouver Island.
She currently serves on the Board of the Vancouver Island South Film Commission, is a past Director on the Board of Cinevic and is an active member of the Victoria film community in various capacities as Producer, Casting Director, 1st Assistant Director and/or as an actor. She also founded the on-line media entity, VI Film News & Events on both Facebook and Twitter.
Darlene’s first foray into the film community on Vancouver Island began with extensive film training at the Screen Actors Studio (David Simmonds) in the late-90’s. After some early success, her real estate career took her to Mexico full-time in 2003. Although she returned to Victoria in 2013, family health issues were her focus until 2015 when she re-entered the local film community.
Her local film involvement since that time has been extensive and varied. Her strong business background has made her an invaluable asset to the independent film community where she frequently consults to and/or is engaged on local productions. As an actor, she is also frequently seen in local commercials for Tourism, Real Estate, Air Travel, Health Clinics and others and is represented by Coultish Talent Management.
- Area(s) of Interest: Casting; Actors; Producers
- Current Profession: Marketing
- Work References or Credits: SELECT FILM CREDITS
• Super Bingo (2017 Short) - Lead Role/Agnes - Written/Directed by Matthew Blecha
• All-In Madonna (2017 Short) - Casting Director - NSI/BRAVO funded short - Director Arnold Lim
• Her Name Is Destiny (2017 Short) - Producer - Cinespark Competition Winner 2017 - post-production
• Pearly Nights - (2017 Short) - Supporting Role/Judith - Directed By Amy McLeish
• A Rose for Christmas (2016 MOW) - Actor Role/Hotel Manager - Hallmark Films
• The Cameraman (2016, Short) Multi-Award Winner - Associate Producer/Production Manager - Director: Connor
• Watching Something Private (2016, Short) 1st AD/Production Manager - Director: Arnold Lim
• ‘TIL DEATH (2014) Associate Producer - Director: Connor Gaston
For a complete listing of film/TV Credits, please visit her complete IMDB filmography at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5800803/