Tricksters and Writers Actor Table Read Workshop
Wednesday March 6
Guests are invited to hear selected scenes from the workshop from 2-4pm,
followed by a reception.
VIFF's Vancity Theatre 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver BC
Scripts from the Tricksters and Writers program will be workshopped on March 6th with professional actors.
Excerpts from these selected scripts will be read from 2pm-4pm.
- Beyond by Jenifer Brousseau - A suicidal teenager is taken on a Spirit journey.
- Burden and Blood by Marcy Waughtal - A young artist realizes her partner is a terrifying Wendigo.
- Cookies or Crack by Joy Haskell - A teenager must protect her brother from their mother’s addictions.
- In the Shadows by Sarah Kelley - In a dystopian future, Indigenous youth are held captive in a medical facility.
- Reminders for the People by Mariel Belanger - A coming of age story about transformation and cultural identity.
Tricksters and Writers, is a screenwriting program for Indigenous women, organized by WIFTV and developed in collaboration with Doreen Manuel, a Secwepemc/Ktunaxa First Nations filmmaker, as well as the Director of the Nat and Flora Bosa Centre for Film & Animation. The instruction has been guided by Doreen Manuel and screenwriter Peggy Thompson.
The program has been supported by The City of Vancouver, Matrix Production Services, BC Arts Council, Creative BC, CMPA-BC, TELUS STORYHIVE, Vancity Credit Union.
Click here for further information