CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV), in association with the Whistler Film Festival is pleased to open up applications for the 7th consecutive WIFTV WHISTLER FILM FESTIVAL MENTORSHIP.
The goal of the mentorship is to provide tools to take a feature film or limited series project to market. The recipient will receive industry immersion at the Whistler Film Festival, as well as personalized coaching sessions with an experienced producer prior to the festival. The recipient will gain an understanding of the preparation required including tips on pitching.
The Mentorship program gives one Executive, Professional or Associate member of WIFTV (producer, director or writer) the invaluable opportunity to attend the Whistler Film Festival, November 28 to December 2, 2018 in Whistler, British Columbia. The mentee receives a WFF Industry Pass providing access to WFF screenings and industry Summit, as well as a pre-festival consultation with an experienced film professional.
Topics for personalized coaching include:
• Creating a one sheet
• Who is buying what
• Who to target with your project
• How to add cache and marketable elements to your project
• How to build an audience through guerrilla and grassroots marketing before you shoot
Following the personalized coaching sessions, the mentee will attend three to four hand chosen 1+1 meetings with WFF Summit guests to pitch their project. It is expected that the mentee will enhance their experience by engaging in both the Festival and WIFTV’s social media channels by blogging and tweeting.
Women who are producers, directors or writers are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have a feature film project in development suitable to pitch at the festival. A selection committee composed of industry representatives will review the applications. The recipient will be announced at WIFTV’s Martini Madness celebration.
Application deadline: September 17, 2018
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
• Must be a WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate member (women producers, directors or writers) in good standing (may join at time of application).
• Must have a feature film or limited series project in development suitable to pitch at the festival.
• Must be available to attend the 2018 Whistler Film Festival (November 28 to December 2, 2018).
• Must write a blog post for the Whistler Film Festival during the Festival dates and be open to participating in other social media initiatives.
• Must submit a final report within two weeks of the mentorship completion.
• Must have paid the registration fee ($30 plus GST).
COMPLETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Register above and make your payment online - $30 + $1.50 GST = $31.50
Send an email message to email@example.com with an attached single pdf document that includes:
1. A one-page synopsis describing your feature film project
2. Your CV
3. A one-page description of the project’s development history to date and any attached personnel
4. A one-page letter outlining how you and your project will benefit
The Whistler Film Festival Society is a charitable cultural organization dedicated to furthering the art of film by providing programs that focus on the discovery, development and promotion of new talent culminating with a must attend festival for artists, the industry and audiences in Whistler. The 18th annual Whistler Film Festival returns November 28 to December 2, 2018.www.whistlerfilmfestival.com
Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFT-V) is an internationally affiliated not-for-profit society committed to advancing, celebrating and promoting the artistic practice and careers of women working in screen-based media. www.womeninfilm.ca