July 28, 2015
The goal of the mentorship is to provide the selected recipient with experience in preparing her film project for market. She will gain skill and confidence in market preparation including pitching and the presentation of her ideas as well as develop valuable insight into building her career.
The Mentorship program gives one Executive, Professional or Associate member of WIFTV (producer, director or writer) the invaluable opportunity to attend the Whistler Film Festival, December 2 to 6 2015 in Whistler, British Columbia. The mentee receives a WFF Industry Pass providing access to the festival and industry Summit as well as a pre-festival consultation with an experienced film professional.
Topics for personalized coaching include:
• Creating a one sheet
• Who is buying what
• Who to target with your project
• How to add cache and marketable elements to your project
• How to build an audience through guerrilla and grassroots marketing before you shoot
Following the personalized coaching sessions, the mentee will attend three to four hand chosen 1+1 meetings with WFF Summit guests to pitch their project. It is expected that the mentee will enhance their experience by engaging in both the Festival and WIFTV’s social media channels by blogging and tweeting.
Women who are producers, directors or writers are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have a feature film project in development suitable to pitch at the festival. A selection committee composed of industry representatives will review the applications. The recipient will be announced at WIFTV’s Martini Madness celebration on September 29th.
Application deadline: August 28, 2015
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
• Must be a WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate member (women producers, directors or writers) in good standing (may join at time of application).
• Must have a feature film project in development suitable to pitch at the festival.
• Must be available to attend the 2015 Whistler Film Festival (December 2-6. 2015)
• Must write a blog post for the Whistler Film Festival during the Festival dates and be open to participating in other social media initiatives
• Must complete a final report within two weeks of the mentorship completion
• Must have paid he registration fee ($35 plus GST)
Register above and make your payment online - $35 + $1.75 gst = $36.75
Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached single pdf document that includes:
1 A one page synopsis describing your feature film project
2 Your CV
3 A one page description of the project’s development history to date and any attached personnel
4 A one page letter outlining how you and your project will benefit
The Whistler Film Festival offers a generous discount on their festival pass to members of Women in Film & Television Vancouver. Visit the Members Only Section of the Women in Film & Television Vancouver website for further details in late August.
The Whistler Film Festival Society (WFFS) is a charitable cultural organization dedicated to furthering the art of film by providing programs that focus on the discovery, development and promotion of new talent culminating with a must attend festival for artists, the industry and audiences in Whistler. WFFS produces one of Canada's leading film festivals and plays a leadership role in offering project development programs for Canadian filmmakers. Find out more at www.whistlerfilmfestival.com.
Women In Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV) is an internationally affiliated non-profit society committed to advancing and celebrating women in screen-based media.