FILM MARKET PREPARATION MENTORSHIP
Between Whistler Film Festival & WIFTV
July 17, 2013
Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV), in partnership with the Whistler Film Festival is pleased to open up applications for the 2nd consecutive WIFTV WHISTLER FILM FESTIVAL MENTORSHIP.
The WIFTV Whistler Film Festival Mentorship gives one Executive, Professional or Associate member of WIFTV (producer, director or writer) the invaluable opportunity to attend the Whistler Film Festival, December 4 to 8, 2013 in Whistler, British Columbia. The participant will receive a WFF Premium Industry Pass as well as a pre-festival consultation with an experienced film professional. The recipient is responsible for booking all travel arrangements but will have access to preferred accommodation rates.
Topics for personalized coaching include:
- Creating a one sheet
- Who is buying what
- Who to target with your project
- How to add cache and marketable elements to your project
- How to build an audience through guerilla and grassroots marketing before you shoot
Following the personalized coaching sessions, the mentored will attended three to four hand chosen 1+1 meetings with WFF Summit guests to pitch their project. It is expected that the mentored will enhance their experience by engaging in both the Festival and WIFTV’s social media channels by blogging and tweeting.
Women who are producers, directors or writers are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have a feature film project in development suitable to pitch at the festival. A selection committee composed of industry representatives will review the applications. The recipient will be announced on October 2, 2013.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be a WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate member (women producers, directors or writers) in good standing (may join at time of application).
- Must have a feature film project in development suitable to pitch at the festival.
- Must be available to attend the 2013 Whistler Film Festival (December 4 – 8 2013)
- Must write a blog post for the Whistler Film Festival during the Festival dates and be open to participating in other social media initiatives
- Must complete a final report within two weeks of the mentorship completion
- Must have paid he registration fee ($50 plus HST)
Application deadline: August 30th, 2013 - click here to apply Deadline Extended to Monday September 9th by 5pm.
Recipient will be announced at WIFTV's Martini Madness event on October 2nd.
The Whistler Film Festival Society (WFFS) is a charitable cultural organization dedicated to furthering the art of film by providing programs that focus on the discovery, development and promotion of new talent culminating with a must attend festival for artists, the industry and audiences in Whistler. WFFS produces one of Canada's leading film festivals and plays a leadership role in offering project development programs for Canadian filmmakers. Find out more at www.whistlerfilmfestival.com.
Women In Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV) is an internationally affiliated non-profit society committed to advancing and celebrating women in screen-based media.
The Whistler Film Festival offers a generous discount on their festival pass to members of Women in Film & Television Vancouver. Visit the Members Only Section of the Women in Film & Television Vancouver website for further details in late August.