Applicants must be WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate members in good standing. Click here to become a WIFTV member.
WIFTV BANFF WORLD MEDIA FESTIVAL MENTORSHIP
Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV), in partnership with the Banff World Media Festival, is pleased to open up applications for the WIFTV BANFF WORLD MEDIA FESTIVAL MENTORSHIP.
WIFTV Banff World Media Festival Mentorship gives one WIFTV member (producer, director or writer) the invaluable opportunity to attend the Banff World Media Festival, June 11-14, 2017 at the Fairmont Banff Springs. The mentee will receive not only a festival pass, but also a pre-festival consultation with an experienced television producer or development executive, as well as a meeting with a member of the WIFTV team before and during the festival.
Application deadline: April 17, 2017 by 5pm
Women who are producers, directors or writers are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have a project suitable to pitch at the festival (mow, TV series, pilot, web program).
A selection committee composed of industry representatives will review the applications. The recipient will be announced by May 5th, 2017.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
- must be a WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate member (women producers, directors or writers) in good standing (may join at time of application)
- must have a project (documentary or narrative fiction) suitable to pitch at the festival (mow, TV series, pilot, web program)
- must complete a final report within two weeks of the mentorship completion
The successful WIFTV Banff World Media Festival Scholarship recipient receives:
- one (1) complimentary all access pass to the Banff World Media Festival
- preparation for the Banff World Media Festival with an experienced television producer or development executive
Complete the instructions below to submit your application:
Make your payment online - $35 + $1.75 gst = $36.75
Send an email message to email@example.com attached single pdf document that includes:
- A one page synopsis describing your project
- Your CV
- A one page description of the project’s development history to date and any attached personnel
- A one page letter outlining how you and your project will benefit from this experience
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Completed applications must be submitted by April 17, 2017 5pm.
Please note that all WIFTV members can attend the Banff World Media Festival at an exclusive discounted rate. Purchase your pass before April 21st for only $1295, and before June for $1495. For further information check out the Member Discount section.