Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV), in partnership with the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and VIFF Industry Conference are pleased to open the call for applications for the WIFTV VIFF Short Film Mentorship opportunity.
This mentorship gives a WIFTV director member with a short film in development the opportunity to participate in VIFF’s Mentorship Program, a new initiative where short filmmakers, in the early stages of their careers, are provided with invaluable networking opportunities at the Festival and Conference. The goal of the program is to introduce emerging filmmakers to a solid peer network and directly support their creative processes. The initiative will also provide support, counsel and inspiration to the next generation of filmmakers by providing them with a venue to showcase their talent, an opportunity to network and collaborate with peers plus the added benefit of participating in the knowledge-building aesthetic experience offered by film festivals.
All mentees will receive the following benefits:
- complimentary pass to VIFF
- complimentary pass to VIFF Industry Conference
- access to Hospitality Suite
- access to Industry Networking Receptions
- participation in a roundtable discussion with a feature filmmaker from VIFFs #mustseebc 2015 campaign
- mentees are encouraged to be active on social media throughout the Festival and Conference
WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate Members with a short film in development that she will direct are eligible to apply.
A selection committee composed of industry representatives will review the applications.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be a WIFTV Executive, Professional or Associate member in good standing (may join at time of application)
- Must be a director with a short film project in development.
- Must be available to frequently attend the 2015 Vancouver International Film Festival (Sept. 24 – Oct. 9) and Industry Conference (Sept. 29 - Oct. 3)
- Must complete a final report within two weeks of completing the mentorship program
Application deadline: Friday September 4, 2015
Complete these instructions to submit your application:
Register by clicking on the above Register Now button and pay the $30 registration fee.
Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached single pdf document that includes:
- A maximum one-page description of your short film project
- Your CV
- A maximum one-page description of your plans to make the film (i.e. – financing plans, casting, personnel, etc.)