REEL WOMEN. REAL LIFE.
WIFTV WOMEN IN FILM FESTIVAL 2010
April 17 - 18, 2010 at the Vancity Theatre
Vancouver, BC CANADA
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Closed: Thank you to the many filmmakers who submitted!
CRITERIA FOR FILM ENTRIES:
- WIFF is only accepting SHORT FILMS - 20 MINUTES MAXIMUM in length, including credits.
- Films must have been completed AFTER August 1, 2008.
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles or no dialogue.
- Eligible entries may be of any category/genre (narrative, documentary, comedy, sci-fi, new media, music video, video poem, experimental, webisode, live-action or animation.
- WIFF welcomes Canadian and international entries. Canadian women directors - ensure you have read about the CTV/WIDC CAM opportunity and decide whether you wish to apply for that program, before you fill out the WIFF film submission form.
- Submissions featuring strong female characters and stories are encouraged. Eligible films must have THREE of the following (one woman may serve in more than one role):
- a woman as Writer
- a woman as Producer
- a woman as Director
- a woman as D.O.P.
- a woman as Lead Actor
- a woman as Lead Animator / Editor
- Films must not be scheduled to screen elsewhere in the Metro Vancouver area between January 1, 2010 and April 25, 2010.
SUBMITTING TO WIFF 2010:
- Complete the online submission form (see below), print and sign the Rights Authorization Form, and pay online or enclose a cheque with your submission package. Follow the submission form's online instructions.
- Please submit your films in DVD NTSC only, 2 copies (PAL not accepted). Please note the status of your film (i.e. if screener is not final edit, missing music, not colour corrected, etc.) and ensure your screener plays on any DVD player: we will not contact you for additional copies.
- Screener DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information.
- DO NOT SEND any materials other than the requested authorization form, payment, and screeners with your submission package. If your film is accepted into WIFF 2010, we will request promotional materials as required.
- If you are submitting more than one film, a separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each film.
- Screeners will not be returned.
- All communications will be sent electronically, including selection and notification letters: please make sure the email address and phone number provided on the entry form are correct!
- You will be notified by February 28, 2010. Please do not contact the office before this time for the status of your entry.
- All payments must be in CANADIAN DOLLARS.
- Cheques and money orders must be payable to WOMEN IN FILM & TELEVISION VANCOUVER.
- Our secure online system will accept payment by credit card (using PayPal). It will also allow you to pay by cheque or international money order: write the invoice number on the cheque and mail your payment to us with your submission package. **IMPORTANT NOTE: If you think you have paid by credit card and you do not get an email from PayPal (a PayPal receipt), then your transaction DID NOT GO THROUGH. Try again, or give us a call during office hours!
- All payments must be received by the WIFTV Office no later than midnight of the submission date (early bird, regular, or late) to be accepted. ALL SCREENERS SHOULD BE IN OUR OFFICE BY JAN 28th, AND ABSOLUTELY MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOON FEBRUARY 4th.
- Entry fees are entirely non-refundable.